The HomeFill system is a flexible ambulatory home oxygen therapy system allowing patients to fill a HomeFill cylinder at home. Patients must be assessed by their Healthcare Professional before they receive this ambulatory home oxygen therapy equipment. The system comes in four parts:
- HomeFill concentrator – works like a standard concentrator
- HomeFill compressor – connects to the HomeFill concentrator allowing HomeFill cylinders to be filled
- HomeFill cylinder – cylinder capable of being filled using the HomeFill compressor and concentrator, and
- Stand – used to mount the HomeFill compressor onto the concentrator
Please note: HomeFill requires an assessment
|HomeFill cylinder technical data|
|Capacity||157 litres||240 litres|
|Weight full||1.87kg (4.1lb)||2.43kg (5.3lb)|
HomeFill cylinder durations
|1||9 hours 18 mins||14 hours 18 mins|
|2||5 hours 54 mins||9 hours 6 mins|
|3||4 hours 30 mins||6 hours 54 mins|
|4||3 hours 36 mins||5 hours 36 mins|
|5||3 hours||4 hours 42 mins|
|Continuous||1 hour 20 mins||2 hours 5 mins|
HomeFill compressor and concentrator
|HomeFill compressor and concentrator technical data|
|HomeFill concentrator||20.5kg||37dB(A) at 5 lpm|
- Ensure the concentrator is kept upright at all times
- Plug the concentrator machine into the mains, do not use an extension lead
- Make sure the flow rate on the concentrator machine is set to the flow rate ordered by the Healthcare Professional
- Do not restrict the ventilation around the concentrator machine
- Never remove a cylinder from the compressor while it’s switched on
Cleaning and maintenance
Once a day:
Clean the compressor fillport with a dry, lint free cloth and replace the cap. Inspect the cylinder for damage and ensure the cap is replaced when not in use.
Wipe the concentrator with a damp cloth.
Wash all the foam filters in either warm soapy water, or use a vacuum to remove any dust. There are two filters, one in the compressor, one in the concentrator.
- Always ensure the filters are dry before replacing them.
- Do not operate the machine without filters.