Important safety instructions for liquid oxygen users
- Never move the dewar without first consulting your Baywater Healthcare Technician.
- Keep the dewar upright at all times. If it falls over on its side a stream of liquid oxygen may spill out of the reservoir. If a spill occurs, open doors and windows to ventilate the area and call us immediately on 0800 373 580.
- Never use oxygen in a fuel station.
- Never smoke or allow anyone to smoke near you while using liquid oxygen.
Safety information for filling portable LOX flasks
- If the portable LOX flask does not separate easily, do not use force. The units may be frozen together, wait until they warm up, then they should separate easily.
- Never touch any of the frosted parts on the LOX dewar or the portable LOX flasks. This could result in a burn.
- If liquid leaks after separation, reattach the portable LOX flask to the LOX dewar and try again.
- Exposure to liquid oxygen can cause burns due to its extreme temperature.
- If there is an excessive leakage to the point where there is a stream of liquid, leave the area and call our Healthcare Helpline.
- To avoid evaporation of the oxygen, fill the portable LOX flask 15 minutes before going out.
- If using a Helios portable LOX flask, fill it one hour before required and lay down on its back.
- Always keep the portable LOX flask in a well ventilated area.
- Never leave the oxygen equipment unattended when filling the portable LOX flasks.