If you are travelling on holiday anywhere in Scotland and Northern Ireland, the oxygen service is free of charge. Below are some important things to remember for oxygen patients going on holiday in Scotland and Northern Ireland:
- Discuss with your GP or respiratory specialist about travelling before you book your holiday.
- Contact your holiday destination to obtain permission for your holiday oxygen equipment to be delivered and stored at your holiday accommodation.
- If you require the same oxygen equipment at your holiday destination as you have at home, you can now contact our Healthcare Helpline directly without the need to request a Home Oxygen Order Form (HOOF) from your GP or specialist team. You will need to provide us with:
- The full holiday address – including the postcode.
- The dates of your holiday (from and to).
- A contact name and telephone number at the holiday address, not your home telephone number.
- The booking name and reference of the holiday where appropriate.
- If you require different oxygen equipment at your holiday destination than you have at home, you will need to contact your GP or respiratory specialist as soon as possible before you travel on holiday. Your GP will then send to us the holiday home oxygen order.
- Baywater Healthcare will then arrange delivery of your holiday oxygen supplies to your holiday destination, either by ourselves or via a local supplier.
- Your holiday oxygen equipment will be delivered to the holiday address for you and will be collected after you leave.
- Please ensure that you have enough oxygen cylinders for your journey to and from your destination.
- If you are travelling by car, check our latest guidance. > more information
Please bring back home any equipment that you took with you that belongs to us.