When using nebuliser equipment please follow the cleaning and maintenance advice listed below:
After each treatment:
- Wash face, rinse mouth and wash hands.
- Disconnect the nebuliser chamber and wash in warm soapy water and then rinse thoroughly with clean water and dry well. Remove the baffle from the chamber, clean separately, dry well and replace.
- After washing the chamber, reconnect it to the tubing and blow air from the compressor unit through it for a few seconds. This will dry the chamber and the tubing. The jet holes should be blown clear.
- Wipe the compressor clean with a damp cloth.
- Store the nebuliser machine in a dust and smoke free area.
- Check the tubing regularly for kinking or holes as these may affect the performance of your nebuliser machine.
Do not immerse the nebuliser compressor in water.
Every three months:
- Replace the chamber, tubing and mouthpiece/face mask.
- Replace the inlet filter. Unscrew and replace with a new filter.
If you run out of consumables or filters please call our Healthcare Helpline on 0800 121 4524 and we will arrange to send you new supplies.