Baywater Healthcare Mode of Supply (MOS) Tool with HOOF Generator
The essential aid for clinicians prescribing home oxygen therapy.
The Mode of Supply (MOS) Tool for clinicians prescribing home oxygen therapy makes choosing the right equipment to order easy and generates a HOOF quickly and accurately.
The MOS Tool will recommend equipment suitable from a clinical and lifestyle point of view, highlight which option is the most cost effective from an NHS point of view, then generate a HOOF with mandatory field validation built in to avoid HOOF rejection.
The benefits of the MOS Tool include:
- Meeting the clinical and lifestyle needs of patients
- Promotes cost effective prescribing
- Reduces the frustration often involved in the HOOF submission process.
How does the MOS Tool work?
The MOS Tool asks you to input various clinical parameters such as the flow rate required and the number of hours per day of use, it also asks several lifestyle questions which help to rule in or out certain equipment types. The MOS Tool then displays a shortlist of equipment that is suitable from a CLINICAL and LIFESTYLE point of view. The MOS Tool ranks the equipment from an NHS cost point of view, so that clinicians can make the right equipment choice for patients at a suitable cost for the NHS.
MOS Tool registration
- Complete the registration form for access to the MOS Tool. If you wish to access HOOF B via the Tool, make sure you complete the relevant section and obtain a signature from a CCG HOS lead (England) / LHB HOS lead (Wales) who can verify you are an approved HOOF B prescriber > registration.pdf
- Return the MOS Tool registration form to Baywater Healthcare by faxing it to 0800 214709
- Baywater Healthcare will process the form (please allow up to a week) and you will receive two activation emails: the first with your username and helpful information regarding use, the second with your password.
Once you have received your username and password, you can log in by clicking and accessing the MOS Tool:
If you have forgotten your MOS Tool Username or Password please contact Baywater Healthcare Clinicians’ Helpline on 01270 218050.