The Homefill system is a flexible ambulatory home oxygen therapy system allowing patients to fill a Homefill cylinder at home. A patient will need to be assessed prior to receiving this ambulatory home oxygen therapy equipment.
The system comes in four parts:
- HomeFill concentrator – works like a standard concentrator
- HomeFill compressor – connects to the HomeFill concentrator allowing you to fill HomeFill cylinders
- HomeFill cylinder – cylinder capable of being filled using the HomeFill compressor and concentrator
- Stand – used to mount the HomeFill compressor onto the concentrator
|Capacity||157 litres||240 litres|
|Weight full||1.87kg (4.1lb)||2.43kg (5.3lb)|
HomeFill cylinder durations
|1||9 hours 18 mins||14 hours 18 mins|
|2||5 hours 54 mins||9 hours 6 mins|
|3||4 hours 30 mins||6 hours 54 mins|
|4||3 hours 36 mins||5 hours 36 mins|
|5||3 hours||4 hours 42 mins|
|Continuous||1 hour 20 mins||2 hours 5 mins|
HomeFill compressor and concentrator
|HomeFill compressor and concentrator|
|HomeFill concentrator||20.5kg||37dB(A) at 5 lpm|
Important advice to inform patients:
- Ensure the concentrator is kept upright at all times.
- Plug your concentrator machine into the mains, do not use an extension lead.
- Make sure the flow rate on the concentrator machine is set to the flow rate ordered by the Healthcare Professional.
- Do not restrict the ventilation around the concentrator machine.
- Never remove a cylinder from the compressor while it’s switched on.
Cleaning and maintenance – advice to inform patients:
Once a day:
- Clean the compressor fillport with a dry, lint free cloth and replace the cap
- Inspect the cylinder for damage and ensure the cap is replaced when not in use.
- Wipe the concentrator with a damp cloth
- Wash all the foam filters in either warm soapy water, or use a vacuum to remove any dust. There are two filters, one in the compressor, one in the concentrator. Always ensure the filters are dry before replacing them. Do not operate the machine without filters.